Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Moonlighting

It's official. Daniel starts his new job March 8. Today he let his boss know he was leaving and made the arrangements to finish his current projects before he leaves Aerospace Company X. That means that for a few weeks Daniel will be driving to Aerospace Company J in the mornings, working an eight-hour shift and then driving to Aerospace Company X for another eight-hour shift.

For a few weeks, Daniel will have two jobs to go to. I have none. Zero. Zip. Zilch.

I'm sitting here stewing. Trying not to feel like a big fat bitch for not being as happy as Daniel (who is so happy he's walking around his house whistling). Of course I'm happy for him. I've said that before. I want him to have a job. Two jobs even. Hell, if he wanted to work two jobs for awhile, that's cool. For some reason hearing Daniel say he's starting his new job March 8 and will be working two jobs for awhile, makes me want to cry. It upsets me. It's not jealousy. Not quite, I guess. I'm not sure what the feeling is. Abandonment? Failure? Depression? Anxiety? All of the above?

It would just be nice if I could find one job making half of what he makes (a seemingly impossibility in this market).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Who I am

I am a more than capable 31-year old with a wide variety of professional experience contending with first-time unemployment and a shocking complete halt of income.