Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Record-breaking

While driving home from grocery shopping Saturday afternoon, I heard a radio advertisement for a government agency that's currently hiring/recruiting. Back when I had just graduated college, I tried getting my foot in the door at any/all federal law enforcement agencies that I could. With all my effort, I finagled an interview with the Secret Service but never made it past the panel interview portion of the application process. At nearly three months into my unemployment, I decided that I have nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying to reclaim old college dreams. So I sat down and applied for three different positions within the agency (located in Washington D.C.).

Eight hours, one 500-word essay, and two computers later; I finally sent my information off into application oblivion nearly causing an argument with Daniel who was entertaining/grilling out while I fervently plugged away at my application. At one point he came into the bedroom where I'd been all afternoon and evening and told me people were getting ready to leave and I was being rude. I guess I probably was. But at three months into the black hole of unemployment, I'm just tired of being jobless. And socializing with Daniel's friends isn't going to help find me a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Who I am

I am a more than capable 31-year old with a wide variety of professional experience contending with first-time unemployment and a shocking complete halt of income.