Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Recharged, refreshed, rejuvenated

After six days of relaxation (unfortunately including one night of vomiting) in Mexico, Daniel and I returned to Los Angeles this past Friday night feeling relaxed and happy. Perhaps all I needed to get out of my unemployment funk was a little vacation? I returned with a new vigor for job hunting and more motivation and energy than I've had in a while. A side effect of the renewed energy is a noticeable increase in confidence toward my professional abilities and a positive outlook toward my professional future.

I'm not exactly sure what spurred my recent attitude change. The relaxing massage we received at the resort spa? Bonding with Daniel this past week? Meeting new, inspirational friends while traveling? Turning off my phone/having no contact with anyone for an entire week? Talking about all the changes Daniel and I want to make in our lives to improve ourselves? 

Whatever the cause, I spent yesterday working on my novel and applied to no less than 10 jobs today while publishing an on-line resume profile with CareerBuilder.com. I will be working on a writing project for my friend's business within the next couple of weeks.

For the first time in a while, I'm finally feeling OK again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Who I am

I am a more than capable 31-year old with a wide variety of professional experience contending with first-time unemployment and a shocking complete halt of income.