Search This Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The plan ... I can't wait.

So here's the plan:

I will leave for Portland to move in with my sister on Oct. 19. Should I find a job here in Arizona before that time (which would likely take a miracle on God's behalf), I'll stay. If not, I'll go. I have a possible job lead here, but we'll see if that really takes me anywhere; and I've been invited to take a written exam for Clackamas County in Oregon on Oct. 25.

So hopefully something will work out. I don't have a preference one way or the other between staying or going. Arizona is starting to cool down (thank God) and my stuff is already here -- so out of laziness I feel it would be beneficial to find a job here. But should I find a job in Portland instead, I think it would be an exciting point in my life. I've always wanted to live there.

On a separate note, I've finished my manuscript and the feedback is starting to trickle in. I've had someone who is very dear to me read the manuscript and she said she couldn't put it down. She kept wanting to read and see what happened. On the other hand, she gave me some good criticism (one thing I had already been contemplating and something I hadn't thought of -- which was good). I'm excited to get more feedback and make changes so I can start querying agents. Right now I'm researching which agents/agencies I want to query first and ranking them. I can't wait to get this process going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Who I am

I am a more than capable 31-year old with a wide variety of professional experience contending with first-time unemployment and a shocking complete halt of income.