Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Should I stay or should I go?

Tonight I have the house to myself. My friend and her husband's house that is because I currently do not have a home. Actually I'm not entirely by myself. I'm dog sitting their two dogs, mild-mannered Bama who likes to stay in their bedroom all night away from 6-month old sometimes rambunctious Sake.

I've been here since Tuesday night. As soon as I arrived, I felt relieved. I was away from an environment where I was no longer wanted, and it was nice to be in a place where people actually wanted to be around me. To say that I'm better now is slightly premature. Better in what way I'm not sure.

I moved to Arizona to be with Daniel hoping that eventually I would find a job. I've been here three weeks and I have no job, no home, no Daniel. The one positive thing I had in my life since I lost my job last January (Daniel) is now gone. Instead of having a pity party for myself (which I'd really like to do) I'm forced to forge ahead on my own. I've been diligently applying for jobs all week long, and I have people working overtime trying to get me a job anywhere they have contacts. I have a few months to find a job before my unemployment runs out. In a few weeks I'll have an indefinite but temporary place to stay until I find a job and can find my own place.

I suppose in the event that I don't find a job, there's nothing here for me in Arizona anymore. Should I stay or should I go? I suppose only time will tell.

Right now my life is on a path I never meant to travel. Not on purpose anyway. Nine months ago everything in my life was great. I had a job. I had a life for myself in California. I had an apartment. I had Daniel. Now I have nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Who I am

I am a more than capable 31-year old with a wide variety of professional experience contending with first-time unemployment and a shocking complete halt of income.