Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

When it rains it pours

Before I arrived in Portland I had an interview scheduled at the IT/computer company and a standardized test scheduled for a county position. I passed the test and was invited to take the typing test in the middle of the month; and a recruiter called about the IT/computer company position. He has a written offer in his hand but cannot extend it to me until I pass the background check. Since then I've been contacted by a recruiter from a technology sales company in Arizona for a project management position and a recruiter in Washington for a marketing assistant position. Who knew I was so marketable after all? Not in California. But the Northwest is an entirely different story. I've never had so many job opportunities at one time.

My sister says I should consider myself lucky. She says it's nearly impossible for people to find work in Portland. Her friends support her claim. I do feel lucky. There are many who have been out of work for more than two years. I haven't yet hit my one year mark and for me Portland has been a wealth of luck and opportunity. Or maybe it's just timing. The turning of the tides. Kismet.

Whatever it is, I'm thankful. It's been a rough year. Thankfully the worst is over. And now ... there's nothing but good stuff ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Who I am

I am a more than capable 31-year old with a wide variety of professional experience contending with first-time unemployment and a shocking complete halt of income.