Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dear God, I need a sign

My life is crumbling around me. There is no hope of a job. There is no future for me here. I have no place to live and no permanent place to go. I can't rent an apartment because I don't have a steady income, and I don't even want to be in Arizona anymore now that I lost Daniel.

I am so utterly shocked, lost, and afraid.

And I have no clear direction. Forget normal stuff like job-hunting and paying my bills. I need to pack up my stuff and go. Immediately.

But where to? I have friends that offered I could come  back to California and live with them (but I need a job). My sister suggested I move to Portland (which seems ideal because I always loved to visit, but I need a job). I could stay here and find my own place which I'm sure my friends that live here are pushing for (but that damn lack of job situation is rearing its ugly head again). Obviously I could move back home and live with my mommy (and I wouldn't even need a job right away), but I'm way too old for that. I am not ready to move back to the place where I grew up.

I used to have dreams, and now they are gone, and I need to find new dreams, I suppose.

My rock, my support is gone. Poof! It was instantaneously.

I am too numb to move, let alone pack, let alone worry about finding a job. I need a sign. Please, God, give me some sort of sign. California? Oregon? Here? Home?

(Dear God: a "sign" is also known as a job opportunity. Thank you for such a lovely day. I wasn't outside at all, but I'm sure it was lovely. Thank you for my health, my family, and my friends. Now please find me a job. Amen.)

3 comments:

  1. Amen to that! I googled 'send me a sign please', and you popped up...God, and mysterious ways?
    What did you do? I'm going to read more to find out...are you still there? Am thinking about going home...also no job...been asking for a sign (yes, could also be translated as 'job')

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya. Seeing this post is from 2010 I hope you found something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you too! I hope all worked out - I'm in same situation now and praying hard to find direction.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Who I am

I am a more than capable 31-year old with a wide variety of professional experience contending with first-time unemployment and a shocking complete halt of income.